Thursday, September 13, 2007

A better kayak

I had a chance to try out someone else's kayak tonight at the boat house. It was an NDK classic British sea expedition kayak, mostly meaning it is good and fast on rough water. So I hopped into the kayak and immediately noticed that the kayak was narrower and a little less stable then my fat kayak. After paddling around a little, I got the hang of the balance and started to get comfotable with leaning into the turn. I didn't feel like I was paddling any faster or harder than I normally do, but looking behind me, I noticed that everyone was further back. This kayak was a dream to paddle compared to mine. I definitely will be buying a new kayak soon but I just need to figure out what I will like and how I plan on using it.

I am not 100% sure I will end up buying an NDK Explorer mostly because I noticed that my leg kept falling asleep. There is something about the shape of the seat or the way I am sitting that causes my left leg to go numb. Not a good thing and it is rather uncomfortable. I will have to see if there is a way to modify the seat, or see if I can find a similar sytle with another company.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Sam said...

Good luck with the search and/or modifying the one you used. Keep us posted.

7:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home