Monday, August 13, 2007

Lots of kayaking

In two days I managed to go kayaking three times. If I have gone Thursday night like I planned it would have been 4 trips in 4 days. Saturday morning was relatively relaxed, it mapped out to about 3 miles, so 6 miles round trip. Saturday afternoon was a little more stressful as I was helping be a guide on a group trip with people who had little to no experience paddling. The trip mapped out to about 1.2 miles one way but after paddling around to various people to help, I am sure it was much more than that. I ended up giving paddling pointers and trying help keep the group together. I made a little money from it, which was cool but unexpected. I would do it again. I then went out again Sunday morning. We went further than Saturday morning and it mapped out to about 3.7 miles, about 7 miles round trip. This was not as leisurely as Saturday morning and we went further upstream. Far enough that we made it to the bottom of the rapids along the Potomac River. I was quite tired from the two trips on Saturday, tired enough that I had a little trouble unloading and paddling back. I also tried to learn how to use my paddle in the flutter position rather than the flat position I normally use.

All in all, it was a good weekend for exercise and fresh air, not that the air on the Potomac is fresh but it is still outside. I am a little sore and my wrists are tired and a little sore too, but I am doing well. I expected my knees to hurt more than toey did as I was squatting down to help people out of kayaks. Guess the exercises are paying off again. I wanted to get some groceries on the weekend but that didn't happen. I was just so exhausted that I decided to wait. I ordered some stuff from REI and I am expecting it sometime this week. So I will take the time to run out and get it after work when it arrives and pick up food at the same time. I think I will also be going out on Thursday after work.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Sam said...

Doing something you love, and getting paid for it, is totally awesome.

8:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home