Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Kayak shopping

I was randomly looking around on Craigslist and came across what looked like a really sweet deal on a custom-made wooden kayak. So I drove out to take a look at it yesterday and it wasn't what I was looking for. Oh well, I guess that is a good thing. More money staying in the bank account. I also have been trying to evaluate the condition of my car. I have to decide if it is worth repairing or if I am better off selling and getting something newer. After looking at the rather long list of repairs needed and how much they are going to cost, it looks like a newer car is the best option. The repairs that the car needs is about how much the car is worth. So I am starting to look around and I have to evaluate how much I can sell the current car for and how much I can afford to pay for a newer car. While I really want a car that can keep up with and go over dirt roads, I don't want to have to spend that much money on something right now.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, you're thinking about getting a new car? How about something like a Ford Escape Hybrid. Good for dirt roads, good fuel economy, and lots of room for all your gear.

10:20 AM  
Blogger Canadian Loonie said...

Not really sure I want a Ford, and aren't you having some problems with yours? Also, hybrids don't get good highway mileage right now. The Matrix looks like a good mix of small and useful with good mileage. I am still looking around and reading reviews right now.

11:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't put half as much money into my car as you put into yours. For me just a little bodywork (rust) which surprised me for such a fairly new car (2001!) Anyway, I was just giving you ideas. And don't just read reviews, go test drive EVERYTHING. I just tried a brand new Nissan Altima for 2 days while my car was getting worked on and it was an awesome drive. You'll find something you like, Good luck...

2:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home