Monday, January 15, 2007

Billy Goat trail

Had a chance to finally get out and explore the Billy Goat trail. Today was a holiday so I took the opprotunity as did many ohter people. I had heard that it can be difficult and is a challenging section of trail quite close to DC. It was about a 20-30 minute drive away and while it was a nice hike, I didn't find it that challenging. The steep climb up was a little intimidating at first, but the hard part was actually walking over some of the water smoothed rocks. Even though they were dry, they were slippery as can be. Some areas were also covered in a find beach sand. I hiked in sandals, t-shirt and shorts. I still can't believe how mild the winter is right now. I keep waiting for the big blizzard to come in and cover the city. Would certainly help me get going on that snowshoe test I am trying to do. I fear I might have to give up on the snowshoes this year. That would be a shame, I really wanted to get out and use them and try snowshoeing with good snowshoes.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home