Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Border Crossing

I hate border crossings because it is like playing roulette. You never know how much traffic there will be, or whether you will get the border guard from hell. And to make matters worse, when I have to get paperwork processed, it just seems to double everything, will I have to wait in line and get another hell-spawn agent. So today I had to drive back to Boston and get new paperwork processed. And it all went off without any fanfare. I had a nice agent, and the immigration guy who processed the papers was fast and efficient. And the best was that there was no traffic at all. So I was in and out quite fast. Took a little while for the agent to serve me at first but I was the only one waiting to be served. I think the other agent was out on his smoking break and that was why I had to wait.

I did manage to listen to a huge chunk of "Ancestor" by Scott Sigler. I highly recommend it. If you like Preston and Child then you will like Scott Sigler. There is action and science mixed in with the fantastic. The nice thing is that is available as a free podcast that I can listen to on long car trips or long commutes. And as his previous book was published maybe this one will be available for sale soon too. I know someone I would like to give this to for Christmas. Scott narrates his novel and does a very good job. He changes his voice for each character and makes the story easy to listen to and exciting. I have heard other authors try to read their own work and had to stop the tape it was so bad. This guy has a great story and reads it well too.

2 Comments:

Blogger Scott Sigler said...

Wow, I'm glad you're enjoying ANCESTOR! Nice compliments, I appreciate it and I hope you keep enjoying it.

10:28 AM  
Blogger Canadian Loonie said...

I have enjoyed it very much and finally finished the novel. It was a very good listen and I look forward to listening to more of your novels. Keep up the good work.

6:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home