Sunday, September 24, 2006

Boston Knit out

I was torn between heading to the kayaking/hiking event or going to the Boston knit out on the Boston Common. The knit out won only because I really didn't feel like driving out to who know's where and kayaking with people I didn't know. At least the price of gas is much more reasonable than it was a few months ago.

Rather it seemed more interesting to go some place with lots of knitters I didn't know. In the end, I did meet up with people from the kitting group I meet with in Watertown. It was nice and we ended up going out for an early supper and then going to a yarn shop to touch more yarn. I decided t participate in a contest. Mostly because they were giving away the yarn and hook. So I am not the fasted crocheter. I think I got tripped up over how to do a double as I haven't crocheted in a long time and I didn't know if the double I knew was the same as an American double (vs a Britich double). Didn't help that I also did 11 in my first row instead of 10. In the end, I had fun and that is what counted. I also got some free yarn. There was some eyelash yarn, it is okay but since the cat seems to really like it I will try to make something out of it for him. I also got ribbon yarn that I have no clue what I can use it for. I also got a nice hand dyed cotton yarn that will likely be turned into dishcloths. The cotton came with a pattern for turning it into a sausage. What on earth are designers on when they come up with some of the strange patterns I've seen. I have always wondered if people really make some of the strange things that I see either online or in knitting magazines. They just do not seem like they are based in this time or place. Or any time or place for that matter.

1 Comments:

Blogger Fields of Heather said...

Tell me about it! I've bought some knitting books, sight unseen, because they boasted fashionable knits by HOT NEW DESIGNERS! Yeah right...in what country? Best to go with classic patterns. If I ever want to be covered in bobbles I can always hit the consignment shops....

7:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home