Sunday, August 13, 2006

Little Miss Sunshine

I decided do go catch a movie outing with a group of people last night. Mostly it was because I was in a slightly foul mood and needed people and a movie to make me feel better. As I had not seen previews for this particular movie, I had no idea of what was about to come. And looking back on that, I think this might be a good way to go about doing it. At least I had no preconceived ideas about the movie and how it would shape up. Also, as in some cases, the preview is basically a 30 second short of the film that tells the public everything. There have been a few times where I feel I don't have to watch the movie because the preview told me everything I wanted and more. So off I went, the group ended up being 8 people total. As we entered the theater a little late, we ended up splitting up. The movie was great. I was laughing so hard that by the end of the movie I was coughing. The movie is about a beauty pagent but that is so secondary to the film that I kept forgetting about it. The family portrayed in the film is so disfunctional on so many levels, you can't help but laugh. The father was so full of himself, I just wanted to wring his neck and so it seemed did some other characters. The mini-bus they were driving in one in part the best part of the movie. All the things that went wrong with and in that poor bus was hilarious. I loved it when the horn gave up. It didn't really die, but rather kept fading in and out in a really pathetic way that added to the hilarity of the movie. Overall, I found this to be a great movie and I am glad I went to see it. We ended up going for food after the movie to a really great fajita place and yakked for another hour. I am glad I got out and enjoyed the night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home