Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Soooo Sore!!

I am so sore today. I am sure most of the pain is associated with lifting a kayak, repeatedly, onto the roof of my car. I did try using my shoulder to help with stabilizing and so I have a sore shoulder that feels like a bruise, not just a sore muscle. So it really didn't help that at work today we are trying to set up some water-jacketed incubators. Basically, there is a hollow shell around the incubator that is filled with water and it helps maintain the temperature. And of course it can't take just any old water. It has to take the special deionized water which is not the same as the house distilled water. So we had to cart in water from another part of the building, fill up a small carboy with water (it held about 15L ish) and lift that ontop of the incubator stack. We had filled the bottom one yesterday so today we were filling the top one. The stack is taller than I am and I had to lift several full carboys onto the top. My sore muscles were not impressed to say the least. And it was another crazy day at work. I have been working a little bit over my scheduled time. I will have to keep an eye on the accumulation. If I need to work 37.5 or 40 hours to do my job, I will have to talk with the boss about either increasing my time or delegating out more duties.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home