Monday, June 26, 2006

Amazon and Cookbooks

I realized today just how hard it is to buy books online. I really like to be able to thumb through a book and look at how the book is laid out and how useful it might be. I decided to order the next book in my series on Amazon and fill up the order with something from my wish list. Easier said than done. Most of the things in my wish list are cookbooks and I had a hard time deciding which one I should try. I decided, after much waffling back and forth, that I would get Madhur Jaffrey's Indian Cooking. The decision was based on my having used the book before in the past and enjoying it very much. Since I no longer have access to the book, I thought it was an appropriate purchase. My other book was Jean Auel's The Shelters of Stone. I have the first four books but I am devouring them at a crazy pace, I really need to get a life. So this is the next book in the series. I don't know if it will be the last. I guess there can always be a sequel unless you destroy everything, think Hitchhiker's guide here.

I find that I really like cooking and I really like people enjoying what I cook. I would cook more often, but the fridge can only hold so many leftovers before exploding. I really love baking but the waistline can only take so much of that before the pants start complaining about rapid expansion. Although I could stand to make more bread on a more regular basis.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sam said...

I have been neglecting my work all morning and reading your trail journal from last year. I have read 15-20 trail journals over the past few years, and surprisingly your's is the first South-Bound one I've read. It's interesting to read what it's like to hit the trail from a different direction. I'm looking forward to wasting my day reading on. BTW I linked your site on my blogroll.

7:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home