Friday, July 07, 2006

Crazy day

I had so much to do today and this week that I can't beleive it has only been a three day week. I actually feel like I have done five days of work. I have been fighting with the animal care facility to get things done in a timely fashion but they seem to just plod along at their own pace. They don't seem to care that we need to get experiments up and running if we are to generate data so we can apply for grant money so we can afford to have mice. I set up some cages down in the facility a few weeks ago and when I raised the possibility of putting mice in them next week they mentioned they needed to be sterilized first. They have been sitting there for three weeks and they couldn't get it done by now? I needed wire grids placed in cages containing mice and it was the same thing. They needed to be sterilized. So I gave them to her a few days ago and haven't seen them since. So I don't know if she put them in our other mouse room or if they are still waiting to be processed. This is so crazy. I feel like they are a large time sink, sucking away all my free time while I try to get things set up and started.

So in an effort to get things moving ahead at work, I was running around and ended up staying late. I still forgot things that needed to be done. I had to hit the grocery store where I forgot to pick up a few things as I didn't have time to think about what I really needed. Mostly I have been forgetting to do little personal things. I need to fax my driving record over to the insurance company as Massachusetts is not crediting me for the 13 years I have been driving. They are basically treating me like a new driver and so the insurance company doubled my preminum as an unintended result. The insurance company explained it to me and did find my old Mass driving record so I basically need one more year of clean driving to get the full discount. I think I will start keeping lists on my iPod since that is always on me and I can connect with both my work computer and my home computer. Hopefully that will help. Now all I have to do is remember to consult with it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home