Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Hump day

It is the middle of the week. I found out I did start working in the middle of a pay period so this Friday I will only get one weeks worth of pay even though I worked two weeks. That sucks a little but I guess I could have started at the beginning of a pay period and not received a pay for three weeks. I still have a ton of paperwork to fill out for benefits and stuff. I think I am almost done with that though. I also have three training classes scheduled. One tomorrow, one noxt week and one at the end of April. Hopefully that will be it for a while. Next week I also leave for DC to get additional work related training down at NIH. Hopefully that will be okay. I am not sure how I will amuse myself at night when I am not working. I will be cooped up in a small hotel room with nothing to do. I can bring a few books and maybe some knitting but other than that I will have nothing to do. Hopefully I will be able to get together with my friend in Delaware and the people who hosted me when I got off the trail. I will be there 5 nights though. Maybe the person who is showing me techniques will know of some things that are going on. Mafbe i will just catch up with sleep and writing.

The next few days will be full of more apartment viewing appointments. I really hope there is a jem in there that screams, "Pick me, I'm the one". Otherwise, the last one that was nearby might be the one merely our of lack of energy to keep looking. The kitchen was small and there was really no dining area but it was workable.

I found out today that the sleeping bag I was supposed to be testing has fallen through. This is the second sleeping bag test I have applied for and gotten that has fallen through. Maybe I am destined to not test sleeping bags. Oh well. Guess that frees me to apply for more items I can test. There are a few interesting test calls going by right now that I think I could give a good test run to. I will have to start thinking about writing a few apps for them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home