Sunday, March 05, 2006

Chili Night

I decided to pick up a 2-alarm chili mix. Having bought one just like it in the past and really enjoying it, I thought it would be a nice easy meal to prepare. I picked up an onion, a can of corn, a can of pinto beans and some meat. So of course I forgot to pick up a can of diced tomatoes and tomato paste. In the end the tomato paste was not needed but the tomatoes are a crucial ingredient. So off to the market we went last night. My boyfriend did most of the cooking tonight which was really sweet. We ended up spicing the chili to his level then I used the rest of the powder on my plate. I did find that the mix is not as good as what I do with fresh spices. I wonder if it is a freshness issue or if I have changed the proportions. I also like to put in a little ground chipotle pepper in adobo sauce. Gives is some zip and a nice smoky flavour.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home