Friday, February 17, 2006

Job Interview Update

So the interview seemed to go quite well. It was long. I arrived a bit early but it started at 1:30 and I didn't leave until just before 4:00. I left late enough that I didn't have time to go back to the apartment to change. Rather I just met up with my boyfriend at the prearranged time and we went out for supper. I got a grand tour of the lab space and the surrounding building space. It is very nice and clean and compared to what I am currently working in, very spacious and tidy. I met the two post-docs currently working there and the temporary lab manager. They are all very nice people. I was informed that, barring any complications with my references, I should be receiving an offer soon. I really hope it is very soon. I really want out of this current job very badly and that job looks so much more interesting. I would be coming in on the ground level of this job and I would be growing with the lab. This is very appealing.

So Harvard flew me in to Boston to see the labs and to interview for the position. This means I get to spend one day interviewing and three nights and three days with the boyfriend. This is going to be a very good weekend. I arrived Thursday night and I will be leaving Sunday afternoon. It was really sweet as I was coming down the escalator, he was waiting for me with some flowers. Red roses with baby's breath.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home