Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Boring job

I am coming to the conclusion that this job is just not for me. I have no motivation what-so-ever to do any work here and the research is just not interesting me at all. I am not looking forward to having to do rat work either. I have also only been on the job for 2 1/2 weeks and am looking into finding another job. The guy I am supposed to be working with has treated my like an idiot and explained basic science to me. He didn't even give me the benefit of the doubt. I think they need to find someone with less work experience as that seems to be how they are treating me. Maybe it is just that I accepted a job below what I should be looking for, I am not a tech anymore. I find it interesting that it is okay for everyone to have MSN Mesenger on the only computer in the office, but I got a talking to about having Firefox on let along ICQ. In the science industry, a computer is a tool that everyone needs easy access to. This lab has one computer for five people to use.

I have started asking my contacts if they know of any openings so maybe that will pan out. After coming back from Boston for Arisia I am seriously tempted to go back to Boston. A green card would help the process but I can get by without one too. At least Boston is English. Not as many festivals happening but it still seems like a lively city compared to Montreal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home