Thursday, January 26, 2006

Finally Finished

So I finally finished uploading all my journal entries from my Appalachian trail experience. I will try to go back and line up the pictures with the related entries to make for a more interesting read for future readers. The entries start on archive entry 06/12/2005 - 06/18/2005 and finish on archive entry 12/18/2005 - 12/24/2005. A small photo set with descriptions can be found here. I had an absolutely wonderful time hiking the trail inspite of what seems like a lot of complaints. I saw some spectacular views and amazing sunsets. I saw shooting stars and the milky way. I met great people and enjoyed my solitude. I came back in the best shape I have ever been and have wonderful memories of my time on the trail. I really do recommend the trail as a nice get away from the every day hustle and bustle of life. Maybe not as a thru-hike but certainly as a weekend or section hike getaway. I also recommend that pack weight be kept to an absolute minimum. I have discovered I didn't need many of the things I was carrying. In fact, you could say I had over planned to account for every contingency and emergency possible. It really was overkill. I hope people enjoy reading about my experience and enjoy those hard earned photos I took.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home