Saturday, August 06, 2005

Hanover 6Aug05 Day51

2 nights and 3 days to Hanover from Glencliff. I had way too much food for this trip. I actually pegged in at 40lbs with food, water and snacks. It was the snacks and 3L of water that pushed me over but because of that I am re-evaluating my gear again and am looking to purge more weight. This time I will replace a few items but mostly I will just get rid of more stuff that I am not using or don't need.

I hit town at 4:00 today after pulling a 17 mile day. My feet were sore and I have come to the conclusion that I need new footwear. My boots are just not wide enough or big enough to accomodate my feet. They are also falling apart after only 430-ish miles. I thought/hoped they would last longer than that but they haven't. There is an EMS on the next town over so I will go there tomorrow to look at footwear and other items. I must be good and try to lose pack weight, not gain pack weight.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home