Friday, July 29, 2005

Zealand Falls Hut 29Jul05 Day 43 Friday

I wanted to push for Galehead hut but I was drawn off course by blueberries and a stream. The trail followed a stream for some time and I finally broke down and stopped. I washed up a little and wet my hair. It was nice to fix up my hair again as it was falling apart and was annoying. The half hour was worth it and I could have still made it to the hut until I encountered blueberry row. THe trail follows an old railroad bed and the sides were lined in wild blueberry bushes. I started by just eating them but eventually I dropped my pack and pulled out my nalgene. I just picked for at least an hour or more until I had about 700mL in my bottle. I had some when I got to the hut and shared some with the croo. I may have been able to make Galehead but I decided to call it a day. I am glad I did. THey served up a really good dessert here and I got the recipe. IT was like Reese's Peanut Butter squares.

Today was about 12 miles and I felt good at some points. At least until I started going up hill. It was interesting that from Ripley Falls to Zealand hut, I had done it in the past in 3 easy days and now I can do it in one easy afternoon.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home