Sunday, June 05, 2005

Lazy hazy Sunday

It was quite hot today. The fact that the cat keeps ripping a hole in the screen door, means that we have to keep the kitchen door closed tight. The cat will not go out if you try to kick him out but left alone with an open door and curiousity gets the better of him. So if we forget to lock the screen door, he opens it to free himself and in the process, lets in a bunch of flies. They then spend the rest of the day tracking down, catching and eating flies. If we lock the door, he scratches a big hole in the screen and walks through the door instead. This time both of the cats were outside. PerC came back right away but Scotty took his time. The solution may be simply to close the door to the hallway. There is a cat door that will ead to the kitchen but Scotty doesn't fit through. I don't think PerC will open the screen himself, but I don't think this will help the air flow problem.

After the work rigours of yesterday, no one wanted to do anything. We did pick up a few things to get started on the next step but we did absolutely nothing today. We also had to return the cjumping jack that we were using to compact the extra dirt. I felt okay when I woke up but later that day, my back felt like I had been hit with a sledge hammer. Not very pleasant.

Tomorrow, I have to drive down to the border and finish the export process on the car. Then I have to turn around and hit the Canadian border to start the import process. I really hope I don't have to drive back to the border after this to process anything else. It will take me at least 45 minutes to get to the border then I have to wait to be processed, twice, then I get to drive back and hit the licensing office. I hope they are no longer on strike or this will get very interesting. I am due to leave in 11 days. Whatever, I am going back to relaxing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home