Friday, May 27, 2005

It's raining, it's pouring

So the weekend is upon us once again and it is raining once again. I am really glad I can go out and enjoy the sun during the week. I hate to think mother nature has been planning to ruin weekends to make the worker drones a miserable bunch. I think that this year has been very wet and most of the rainfall has been over the weekends. Something to look forward to while on the trails. I get the feeling it will be very rainy and I will be drying clothes out every night. Sometimes it is just easier to walk in the rain without raingear then change into dry clothes when you reach camp. Hopefully I will not have to worry about dreary days. I would like to have nice sunny days and have opportunities for some great pictures of nature at its greatest.

I just looked into a hiking partner on TrailPlace.com. It is a site that publishes the hiking book that most people use for planning their trips from. There is someone leaving about the same time who is also looking for someone. So I fired off an email. Maybe I will get lucky. She is about the same age, which means we can talk about the same things. At the very least we would have watched some of the same shows while growing up. I think it would be fun to have someone to share camp and town trips with. Also, travelling with someone else makes it harder to just give up. It will also make town stops and road crossings safer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home