Sunday, May 29, 2005

Elusive time

Time is plodding along right now. I have this long list of stuff that I need to do, and some of it is in preparation for the trail. Some of the things I would like to do now though are not possible because the driveway is a mess and I can't get my bike out of the shed to use it. The weather has been down right gorgeous this weekend and I can't even wash the car. I was unfortunely parked under the lamp post and the birds bullseyed the car really good. Also, the starter is going and I can't take it out, because the driveway is not available for use. So I have just put off the rest of the list and just sit around knitting of doing my itinerary at night. At least I am making progress on the itinerary. Slow but steady progress.

On a good note, the title to my car has been sent and all I have to do is drive down to get it. If I leave tomorrow, I can catch the tail end of my medical insurance to have a few things looked at, but if I wait until after wednesday, I will be able to go to a kayak lesson wednesday night and beat the crowds of people heading back after the long weekend. I could also turn this into a little bit of a training run by hitting the White Mountains on the way back and do a little hiking. At least I will be able to use the smaller hammock and see how I like it. It seemed really small compared to the jumbo one I was using before. Anything to save a pound or two. Also, its not like I can just take it back if I don't like it. I really will need some sort of shelter while on the trail and that is my chosen shelter, so I better get used to it. I hope the sleeping bag somes real soon, I am cutting this real close and should be looking for a bag just in case I need to rust order one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home