Friday, May 20, 2005

Preparing

Today I started working on my itinerary. Right now, I am having a hard time with town stops. I think that it is because, right now, I wouldn't walk 10 miles to get to a town. But maybe after a month on the trail, I would be happy to walk 10 miles to get to a town. So while I realise that the itinerary I am making is loose and subject to change, I am wondering how much it will change. But the planning is nice and I am really looking forward to starting this. Only 27 days to go. I think the itinerary will also help me determine when I will approximately finish. Hopefully not too close to Christmas.

My brother and I went to see Star Wars today. I thought it was very good, but then I seemed to remember that the first two were also good. So I will now have to watch all 5 to jog my memory. I really can't remember much from the original three so this will be a good time to revisit them.

I will be going hiking tomorrow with my friend and her friends. I hope I don't slow them down too much, I did warn them. The day will be a loop hike with two peaks. I am going to try to break in the new boots but I will have the old ones on hand just in case. I hope there are no problems as I don't know where I can get another pair of boots like my original. So the new ones better be a good fit. Have to mix up some trail mix and finish packing up some gear. I will be staying the night at my friend's place so we can get an early start in the morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home