Monday, May 09, 2005

Final stretch

4 days left of work. I am in the final stretch. I am also still a little sick. It seems to be finally working itself out, which means lots of nose blowing and coughing.

The yard sale was a wonderful flop. Seems I forgot to let people know where to come, and with my email account accidentally cancelled, I didn't notice until today. My email is finally back up. Also, I did manage to sell the two tables and the sofa just through the post and pictures. Not too shabby. I also managed to sell my tent to a friend. All this together means I can afford to get a new pack. Next on the wish list are poles and a few little extras. Hopefully that will not inclued a new sleeping bag, they are expensive. If I sell my old pack and boots then I will be even. I have also managed to sell two kayak paddles so far. Only six left to sell. Picked them up at an auction and now I am auctioning them off on ebay.

Went out sunday night to a friends house. I had to leave just as the brownies where served to help my friend put up the tent. I think the money was worth missing an extra pound on the hips. I did manage to make it back to the party and we all went out for some sushi. I really don't care for sushi, at least the last two times I've had it I didn't like it, so I opted for chicken fried rice. It was very good. I did try some sushi and it was merely okay. The rice was much better. I am trying to decide if I want a going away party Wednesday night when the glasses are still available for use or Friday night when everything is packed. Friday is when most people would be able to make it but I don't want to have my loading help too tired the next day to help load the truck. But Wednesday is a work night and I don't know how many people would be able to make it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home