Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Cars and cats

Finally took the car in to see why it was making funny noises when I started it. It needs a new starter. Which isn't cheap either. And just to add insult to injury, the engine check light decided to come on. I also noticed that there was some damage to the front dirver side door. The bottom corner is bent up. I have no clue how this could have happened. I love my car but right now I don't need this. Hopefully it will be fine for the next month or so.

The cats seem to be settling in and getting used to the place. PerC especially seems to like to run at high speeds for the floor mat then stop and let it slid across the floor. I am constantly putting it back into place. He is also slowly getting the hang of the stairs. These are his first stairs to have to deal with and it is funny to watch. If he gets distracted in the middle of coming down them, he missteps. I had to get them a scratching post as their old one was really nasty, and got left behind, and they were starting to scratch at the rug. I also had them in my room again last night. It wasn't so bad this time. Either they are getting used to it or I am tired enough to fall asleep and don't notice them. At least my room isn't being destroyed and Scotty didn't sleep on my pillow this time. But I did have to get up at 6:00 to let them out as that is when my parents get up, and the cats want to know what is going on out there. I will have to just get up then. I need to start exercising now that I am feeling better. The exercise will help with the healing and make me feel better. Feel that at least I am doing something to get into shape for Katahdin.

The weather here has been okay. Nice enough for spring but not nice enough for me to take the kayak out yet. I also still need to get a life jacket. I am thinking that no matter how warm the air is right now, the water temperature will still be frigid. I need to go over and talk to the guy across the street too. He has a really sweet looking kayak and I want to know where he is taking it out. Also, maybe he can teach me a few things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home