Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Day 15: Peter's Mountain Shelter

6.7 mi

A somewhat longer day as we move onto the next shelter. This shelter, while very nice, it is a bear to get to the water which is down about 300 stone stairs (or so it feels). The shelter is also affectionately known as the Harrisburg Hilton due to its size and how nice it is. The terrain to get here wasn't too bad but my feet were still aching after a few miles. We have a long day tomorrow to get just to the next shelter. I hope my feet are well enough.

I nearly knocked myself out today walking into a fallen tree across the trail. The tree was just high enough that I didn't see it with my hat on. There I was walking along, the next thing I knew I was on the ground and my head hurt. Hope I don't do that again or I'll have a new trail name. I ended up laughing about it later but at the time, it really hurt. Brought a tear to my eyes.

We are a somewhat full house tonight. The shelter is plenty bug enough for all. We stopped pretty early and have been resting and trying to air out my feet. We are pretty much racing to Port Clinton. Me for my Keen's, and my husband for different clothes. Just a few more days.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Robert said...

I'll bet that left a mark!

1:53 PM  
Blogger Canadian Loonie said...

It certainly made an impression, ha ha ha!

12:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home