Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Day 6: Deerlick Shelter

12 miles

Finally on the move again. We made the 10 miles into Pen Mar park crossing into Pennsylvania. We had to resupply and went into Waynesboro. It was a good resupply both for the food and footwear. There was an Olympic Sports and I managed to find a pair of shoes that fit. So out with the old blister forming shoes. We managed to get a lift both out and back. 2 more miles done very slowly and we are at our next stopping point. My feet are still pretty blistered up and my lungs are not liking the exertion yet. But I am at least on the mend.

I feel a little bad that we are not moving quickly and I am not really pulling my weight but hopefully I will heal up quickly. At least my knees have not been a problem as far as I can tell. No pain or even any tweaking. I sometimes get an ache but nothing like I normally get. I have been doing my lifts 2x a day, 10 in the morning and 15 in the evening.

On a good note, the Peek has been pretty handy and we've had reception most nights. The weather feature should be quite useful as we travel too.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home