Friday, April 04, 2008

Happy Birthday to me!!

Another year older and I feel like I am walking on the tread mill in reverse. I am not sure why I have this feeling, but it seems like everyone is passing my by and I am stagnating in place. I guess you can't compare yourself to anyone else, but that seems to be the societal standard. At the very least, I am doing somewhat well in the savings department. I may not have a ton saved but I have but measures in place to ensure that money is being moved regularly to retirement accounts. I hope I can put enough aside so that I may one day enjoy retirement. I'd rather enjoy it with someone, but at the rate I am going, I might have only myself to look forward to spending it with. Might be time to go rescue another cat.

I am also moving towards some security with my living in the states. I should have applied for my H1B years ago but I only just did it this year. While it is putting a crimp in foreign travel, I really don't travel that much. I won't be able to visit home until my visa comes in but at least I will be a resident alien instead of a non-resident alien. Then I can go for the coveted green card. Meaning more travel restrictions. Oh well.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Sam said...

Happy Birthday to you! Instead of older, think of it as another year wiser. Well, try anyway. ;-)

5:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home