Monday, March 31, 2008

Backpacking group

I have a opportunity to take over a large group that is geared towards backpackers. I am a little hesitant to do it even though I feel I have enough experience simply because this was going to be the year that I was going to really work on my kayaking skills. As it stands, if I take over this group, I will be spending a large portion of my free time running events and trying to get the group up off the ground and running consistently. I will also have to incur a charge of 12$ per month but I can likely make that back by charging a small fee per event as other groups do. But I feel like this will take away from the kayaking I really wanted to do this year. Actually, both things sound great and I want to do both but there is really only so much time during the weekend to do stuff and I only have so much energy. I have been doing a Wednesday night paddle with my paddling partner so that is a plus. Paddling and exercise. I can't wait for it to move back to Thursday night though. I need to sit down and think about the logistics of all this and whether I have the time and know how to do it and how much help I might need and will be able to get.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Sam said...

Congrats on the group. I always toyed with the idea of starting a group like that, but never took the plunge. I think you'll still have time to do the kayak stuff if you forgo things like sleeping and eating and other such nonsense. ;-)

4:33 PM  
Blogger Canadian Loonie said...

Yes, sleeping is optional if you want to live life to the fullest. I do like to eat though so I will not be giving that up any time soon although cooking has started taking a back burner, pun intended. Have you checked out meetup.com? It is definitely a worthwhile site especially for getting into new things, or starting a group.

7:06 AM  
Blogger Sam said...

No, I haven't checked that out. Thanks for the link.

4:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home