Monday, January 07, 2008

Appalachian Trail Hiking Community

Someone from the gear test listserv posted about a new AT community that is currently being developed. I joined as a member and have been posting on the boards recently. Since it is so new there are very few posts and members right now but I also feel that there isn't that much that has been established to it is kind of fun to be a part of. I'm not sure how many of the members are wannabes and how many are has-beens as many of the first posts in a topic have been made by the list administrator. I have been posting to the discussions and trying to pass on some of my hard earned knowledge. But when I look back to when I was first starting, I don't know if I would have taken the advice offered or just ignored it. I found that I read quite a bit and tried to take everyone's advice which left me with a pack that must have weighed close to 60lbs. Now I know better but I don't know if that will help anyone else. Guess I will see, and keep on posting my 2 cents worth.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for your comments here and participating on our site. Helping newcomers not make the mistakes we did in the beginning is what its all about.

4:48 PM  
Blogger Canadian Loonie said...

Thanks Dave for the nice comments. I like to run beginner backpacking trips in my area just so I can help people out. I have always liked the idea of online communities but have been daunted by how much has already been established and by how much of a n00b I am made to feel. I like the idea of coming in at the beginning and making myself know. Keep up the good work.

6:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home