Saturday, December 22, 2007

In Montreal

I arrived in Montreal to a few flurries and a fresh layer of snow.  It is much colder here than I am used to so I am finding myself cold all the time.  I did bring layers and fleece but I am still cold.  There is a lot of snow here, they have snow banks that are taller than the cars.  The flight was mostly uneventful but we did have to wait on the plane for the security person to check us off.  Not sure what was up with that but we had to wait for some time.  I was stamped into Canada, something they have never done before.  Normally you don't get a stamp for entering your own country but apparently they either have changed that or the customs agent didn't notice.

I wanted to travel light since I was going to have to lug my suitcase on the metro to get to the airport so I opted for my small suitcase.  This suitcase is about as old as I am, maybe even older.  It is still in relatively good shape.  They just don't make things the way they used too.  But since the suitcase is baby blue, it is really easy to pick it out of the suitcase pile.  That made it easy to grab my suitcase and get out of the airport quickly.  It was fun looking out the window and watch the countryside slowly go towards winter, until I got there.

It is nice to be home.  Not sure I care for the cold weather but the snow is making everything very picturesque.  I am also feeling my allergies starting to act up with the cat around.  I have some pills with me that I will likely have to start taking.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home