Sunday, November 25, 2007

Yeah, Finished!!

So once again I finished my NaNo challenge of 50,000 words in 30 days.  Actually I managed to finish in less than 30 days owing to a late and slow start followed by a blaze of glory over Thanksgiving.  A blaze of glory that allowed me to finish 20,000 words in two days leaving me with the story finished and my wrists hurting.  Yes, I did know better, but I was in a groove and wanted to finish.  I will be nice to my wrists over the next little while to give then a chance to heal.  This year was a success on two fronts.  Not only did I finish the word goal but I actually ran out of story.  I managed to tied up most of the loose ends and any untied ends where likely forgotten since last years NaNo event.  I would like to start editing but I get the feeling that will not be happening.  I will be trying to give my wrists a back a well deserved break.  Not that sitting and reading on the sofa has been better for my back but it is better for my wrists.

Over the four day break I used two to finish writing and the other two to drive myself crazy.  Since I didn't have anything planned, I was absolutely bored out of my head.  I guess I don't deal with down time very well.  I did pick up a few things at the store to continue working on the paddle.  I also avoided Black Friday.  There was no way I was going to deal with either the traffic or the people.  Writing was a good excuse to stay in.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home