Sunday, July 15, 2007

Weekend blues

Weekends are just not the same with my boyfriend gone. I really don't remember doing anything other than sitting in front of the TV but they seemed more fun. This weekend was not exactly boring but it just wasn't the same without him. I went to see Harry Potter Saturday night and I went kayaking sunday morning. Unfortunately I really didn't do much else. I am quickly flying through the Stargate seasons and I am beginning season 5.

The weather here in DC has been quite hot but very humid. I don't really have AC in my unit. I have a couple of window units but by it isn't worth running them during the day and by the time I get home, the night is cooling off and it isn't worth running them then either. So I have mostly been using a fan which has been doing quite well. Still, I really have little motivation to do much in this heat. I have been trying to clean up my apartment and declutter it. I still have boxes from my recent move that I still haven't unpacked. I want to get rid of stuff but I am torn over what to toss so it is a slow process. I did get rid of some things and foresee getting rid of more, it is just a matter of time and energy.

The kayaking this morning was quite nice. A group of us went down to an estuary as paddled around. There was a high tide and the bay was open enough that there were waves. I had a bit of a hard time powering through the waves as my kayak is not exactly sleek. Everytime I am out, I keep thinking about how much I want a better kayak, but once I am off the water, I wonder how much I really NEED a better kayak. I really only get out occasionally but I have been getting out very consistantly over the past two years now. I would have to save up quite a chunk of money and I need to decide if it is worth it. I guess I am still not sure how serious of a paddler I am. I will see how this year goes.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Sam said...

You could always save up some money, sell your current kayak, and use the two to buy one you really like. Then, you might be more motivated to get out even more.

3:14 PM  
Blogger Canadian Loonie said...

I have decided that whether I get another kayak or not, I will not sell the old one. It is easier to get someone to go kayaking with me if I can offer them free use of my old yak. Also, every once in a while it is convenient to have an old yak for rocky beaches to avoid damaging the nice spiffy new one. I am also unsure what model and brand I want and that will take time to work out so I have lots of time to save up.

7:40 AM  
Blogger Sam said...

Good idea to keep the old one for a backup and a buddy-loaner. Nice thinking.

10:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home