Saturday, July 07, 2007

Shopping therapy

I haven't been out shopping in quite a while. Mostly because I am trying to save money. The cost of living down in DC is a little higher than it was in the Boston area. In the end, it was time to get some food as there was nothing in the house. I also went looking for a zipper to fix a skirt I had bought and decided spur of the moment to get a haircut. On top of that, I had to go into work today to finish up an experiment that had been delayed due to slow bacterial growth. It took me awhile but I finally got the correct colour and length zipper, and I picked up some groceries. The old addage of not food shopping on an empty stomach came back to haunt me. I bought a bit more lettice than I think I can eat. Guess I will be doing salads for awhile.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like how your idea of shopping on an empty stomach means too much lettuce. Mine tends to include chocolate bars and/or chips.

10:24 AM  
Blogger Canadian Loonie said...

Yeah, its interesting how little "junk food" there is at the Asian mart. I just can't bring myself to impulse buy shrimp flavoured puffs or Qimchi flavoured chips. Probably a good thing. Besides, the lettice looked really good for some reason, probably the empty stomach.

11:44 AM  
Blogger Sam said...

I agree with Jon, lettuce usually isn't my impulse buy. But it is the peak season for greens, so nice shopping choice.

8:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home