Wednesday, May 02, 2007

More backpacking

I have another trip planned for this weekend. Another small in and out hike. It will be 5 miles this time. Something to get people back on the trail and to get to know some of the other hikers in the group. I have a much bigger hike the weekend after that someone else planned. I think it is 20 miles over 2 and a half days. Not too bad but the trails are supposed to be muddy. That should make for fun hiking with my sandals. At least my feet are washable.

I have been eyeballing the Hikes in the Virginias book and the The Best of the AT Overnight Hikes book. I think the first one might be more useful over the second one but since I have been posting hikes, I thought these might come in handy to find better hikes or better loop hikes. Nothing says boring more than a simple in and out hike. I have two other people interested in hiking this weekend with two others who are unsure they can make it. As the weekend approaches, I find I am more interested in sleeping in and doing nothing than going on this trip. I need more sleep.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home