Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Car run in

I decided to see what it would feel like to get hit by a car today. Actually, the guy wasn't paying attention, didn't check his blind spot and almost bowled me over. Good thing I noticed him coming at me. I ended up on the hood of his car and am fine but boy was I pissed. I ended up slamming my hand into the hood of his car. I hope I dented it because my hand hurt after that. it was a good thing I did see him as he could have knocked me over the other way and done a lot more damage. I am otherwise fine and will look more carefully when I cross. The problem was, he was stopped. It was safe to cross, but since I was moving up a one way, he didn't bother to check for cars, or apparently walkers, in the other direction.

Speaking of cars, I have to bring my car in to get the AC fixed. I guess it went sometime last year and since I rarely use it, I never noticed. From what I understand, it is a simple matter of getting it charged, but I have to find the time to make an appointment, then get the car in. I also have to find out if I have to take the kayak off the roof or if they will fix with the 'yak on the roof. More trouble to take it off just to have to put it back on for paddling this weekend. I might delay until next week.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Sam said...

That's a crazy story. Glad to hear you're alright.

3:10 PM  
Blogger Canadian Loonie said...

I'm fine, although my parents reamed me out. I deserved it, should have told them first before posting. The bruise on my shin is starting to fade.

7:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home