Sunday, July 08, 2007

Happy Canada Day

Well, better late than never. Canada Day is July 1st and I was going to go to O'Sullivans pub for a Canadian ExPat celebration but I just couldn't motivate myself to get up and go. I ended up watching Stargate which I have all 10 seasons on my hard drive right now courtesy of my brother. But there was a BBQ earlier today that I did make it to. There was way too much food but there was also Nanaimo Bars, buttertarts and maple pie, Canadian delicacies. I also brought some Canadian Ketchup chips that I had laying around, it was my last bag but worth it. I brought a keg with me too. I think it is time to get the TGIF's back up and running. It was a small group and there really were not that many Canadians there but it was fun. I knew a few of the people from last year when I went to the National Novel Writing Month 'thank goodness its over' party. I also know some from the Wednesday writing meetings that I haven't been to much lately but will be starting back up on.

I went kayaking this morning too. The weather has been very nice lately but very hot. The sun was out in full force yesterday and I had to slather on lots of sunblock. I make the mistake of wearing the neoprene wetsuit. I was more wet from sweat than I would have been if I had forgone the wetsuit. Normally it helps keep me dry from paddle drips, but not this time.
Oh well, next time I will just go in a bathing suit or just shorts and a top.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Sam said...

Kayaking, BBQ, a keg of homemade brew, Stargate, what else is there? I mean really! I miss Stargate. My only regret in getting rid of cable.

8:43 PM  
Blogger Canadian Loonie said...

Have you considered downloading your favourite shows? There are lots of Torrents available and also Pirate's Bay.

8:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home