Thursday, May 03, 2007

Amazon Wish List

I hopped onto Amazon to see what was on my wish list. I find that I keep adding things either baesd on something I read on BoingBoing.net or just from surfing around on Amazon looking for something else. So I decided to clean out the list a little. I purchased 2 beer books to help me develope my own recipes, I also picked up a book on mead, a non-fiction book that sounded similar to The Tipping Point which I had liked, and three fiction novels. I received the books about a week ago and I am slowly making my way through the Designing Great Beers book. It is an interesting read. I think Radical Brewing will be a better read. I flipped through it when it first arrived and several of the passages I skimmed through were funny to read. I think I might go clear out a few more books from my list like Zymurgy: Best Articles or maybe Cider, Hard and Sweet. I have been drinking Strongbow Cider recently and I really like it. It is sweet with a hint of dryness but quite good. Now I wonder if I can make my own version. I might have to wait until the fall though when the different varieties of apples are ripe. I have heard that sour or tart apples make better cider.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Zoooma said...

hiya.

i gotta couple of recommendations for ya, maybe you like, maybe no...

Travels With Barley
http://www.amazon.com/Travels-Barley-Journey-Through-Culture/dp/074323278X/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/104-6449612-9605533?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1181153798&sr=1-1
and
Beer in America--The Early Years
http://www.amazon.com/Beer-America-Years-1587-1840-Settling-Nation/dp/0937381659/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/104-6449612-9605533?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1181154092&sr=1-1

Reviews for each go from great to eh so tis hard to say if either is a great read or not. Then again just 'cause 50 people hate something that doesn't mean you will, right? They're both on my Wish List. In any case, happy brewing & happy hiking!

P.S. each is available at half.com at a wicked discount!

11:27 AM  
Blogger Canadian Loonie said...

Hey, thanks for the head's up. I will have to check the books out. Most of my beer recommendations come from the Basic Brewing Redio podcast which is great whether you brew or not.

8:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home