Friday, August 18, 2006

A bad case of the I-don't-feel-good's

I had a bad case of the I-don't-feel-good's, but just to make matters worse, I also had a headache on top of that. Today felt like a long day. It wasn't a bad day but neither was it a good day. I have nothing to do tonight either so I am going to kick back, relax and wait for the pain medicine to kick in. I also think that my allergy pills are not cutting it anymore. Either that or I have an especially bad allergy to something else right now and it is not able to keep up. I will have to think about going in for an allergy test soon. So many things to do and so little time. I have been knitting up a storm lately. If I dedicated as much time to getting things on my list done as I do to my knitting, I would have a pile of yarn and a clean to do list rather than a pill of finished or mostly finished knitting projects and a cluttered to do list.

I am knitting my first lace piece. It is a circular lace shawl that can also be used as a table doily too. It is very nice but not as delicate as it should be. I am using the right yarn but the wrong sized needles. Unfortunately I didn't have the size 5's so I an using size 4's. I think I will try to sell this piece and get the right sized needles then do it again. It is coming along quite nicely though. It will be hard to part with. But then, its sale will allow me to get the right sized needles, more yarn and something to ball the yarn. The yarn for this particular project comes in skeins, which means that the yarn was wound around the legs of a chair, then twisted into a long roll then folded back onto itself. Needless to say, you cannot knit with yarn in this state as it will knot up, and the project would not be transportable at all. So I hand wound the skein into a ball, but this project uses three skeins, so I still have two more skeins to hand ball. It takes a while to hand ball the yarn and for the duration, I am protty much committed to working on that and nothing else. Plus it gives me a sore back as there is no where comfortable to sit while doing this. I might try the bed next time, with the yarn wrapped around my feet. Maybe that will control the knotting and be easier on the back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home