Monday, April 24, 2006

Harry Potter has arrived

So, I have finally broken down and started reading Harry Potter. I have not been able to put the books down, hence the lack of posts for the past few days. I managed to whip through the first three in no tme and have just started the fourth book yesterday. They are nice light reading. I can pick it up and drop it down with little loss making them great commuting books. I can get swept up in the story but it is still somewhat easy to put the book down when I have too. I have read some books in the past that have caught me up and held unto me until I finally finished the book at 2:00 in the morning.

So I got the iPod to work in read/write mode again by running a disk scan. I certainly hope that I don't have to do that everytime I want to read to the iPod. I am actually investing in a used G4 Mac. I should probably just switch the iPod over to PC mode but it was made to be in Mac mode and the computer was cheap. I figure this way, I can easily sync up with calendars, contacts, pictures, movies and music. The real kicker is that I can have music off the iPod at work too. So now I will have to figure out how to network a Mac with Linux as I am not moving all the music off the Linux box to the Mac. Hopefully it will not be too hard to get some sort of server exchange going that will allow iTunes to grab the music from one computer and plug it onto the iPod.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home