Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Birthday Cookies

So another year has pasted and I don't feel older or wiser, just more achy and I blame the thru-hike for that. It wasn't a bad birthday as birthdays go especially a large milestone as this one was. So I am 30 so what. Maybe it will catch up with me later when reality sets in or I fill out a survey and realize I am no longer in the 20-29 age bracket.

I got homemade, fresh from the oven, extra gooey chocolate chip cookies for my birthday. We did find out the hard way that the oven runs a little hotter than what the dial claims. Good thing I could smell them getting extra crispy. It actually cooked in 9 minutes and had a crispy exterior and a soft gooey interior. Very good. I may try to find a way to repeat that on a slightly lower setting so the outside doesn't get quite so dark. Normally my cookies are pale golden and slightly gooey in the center. These were almost like molten chocolate interiors. On that note, I am going to go and dream of molten chocolate chip cookies all day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home