Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Duncannon 21Sep05 Day97

A nice relaxing zero. I only had to do laundry and buy a few things at the quick mart. I also read another book I found in the hiker box. It was quite good but also a little drawn out. It was "Spirit" by Graham Masterson. I also read more from my other book, "The Eight". I am torn. It is a very good read so I want to enjoy it but I don't want to carry it as it is heavy. I am about halfway through it.

I decided to soak in a nice hot tub. I ended up sweating like crazy. At least I hope it did some good for my feet and knees. I have decided to take my time to Harper's Ferry and see how I feel then maybe press on to either finish or do just the Shenandoahs. I will see how I feel. I am accumulating some pains that are a bother, like my thumb. I am trying to get the pack weight down but once again I think I am carrying too much food. One of the dangers of doing a free resupply from a hiker box. It is free but too much. I plan on moving slower so maybe it isnt too much. Tomorrow I have to deal with bounce boxes then do only 11 miles. One mountain then flat for 18 miles. Yeah, I hope.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home