Sunday, September 18, 2005

Rausch Gap Shelter 18Sep05 Day94

17 miles today. I am still having trouble with the rocks but they do seem to be diminishing. The last part of today was nice although my feet hurt too much to appreciate it. Today was varied terrain. It was almost a perfect hiking day. It was mostly cool until noon then it was hot but it is cooling off now. I got to camp at 3:15 with an 8:00 start. Ahead of 2 miles per hour. I was so hungry I made supper right away then tried to nap. I slept very poorly last night and for the last few nights. I thinkit is a combination of leg pain from the rocks and the fact that my air matress is leaking. It wasn;t so bad at first but now I have to top it off every couple of hours. I tried to find the hole weeks ago while in Dalton but could not. I may try again in Duncannon, it will depend on if I have access to a tub or not.

I have beed reading "The Eight" by Katherine Neville. I was suspicious of it at first as there is a lot of hype on the cover but I have found that it is well worth the hype. I am trying to read it slowly and enjoy it but I have trouble puttin git down.

I saw a turtle today. It was just sitting in the middle of the trail. So I snapped a few pics and moved on. My first turtle sighting. Also today was 1000 miles of AT walking.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home