Thursday, September 29, 2005

Blackburn Ctr Shelter 29Sep05 Day105

This place is really nice. There was a solar shower and the shelter has 4 walls and a wood stove for heat. We are firing it up as it is forecast to be 43F tonight. The caretaker cooked supper for us of spag, garlic bread and dessert. It was very good.

At the ATC headquarters, I had my piture taken for the yearbook. I am hiker #55 this year heading south. I liked the way the pic turned out so I had them take another with my camera. Hope it is as nice.

ATC in Harper's Ferry
Originally uploaded by Canadian Loonie.



Today the weather was very grey and cold. It finally decided to rain just before I hit the trail. At least the weather held while we wandered around Harper's Ferry looking for a place that was open and served breakfast. No such luck. We went to the post office and I got my thermals (which smelled like licorice), licorice and my data book. My mother included a note and now I miss nome a lot. I have less than 1000miles to go and if I can keep up this pace, I figure I can do it in 50ish days. I am trying to convince my parents they want to come down and meet me on Springer when I finish. I will bring it up when I have 400 miles left, if that happens.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home