Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Long Trail Inn - Killington 10Aug05 Day 55

Today was a long day. It pegged in at 17.5 miles. The last 5.5 miles were done after a 2 hour break consisting of a post office run and a resupply. I then ditched pack weight and did a semi-slack. It took me 2.5 hours. I could have done it faster but the last mile just killed me. I felt like I had hit a wall. My feet suddenly hurt and my legs disagreed with me. I think it was a few miles tomany. At least tomorrow is only 11 miles. I took some time to do a really good stretch set and I will try to remember to do one in the morning and night from now on. My feet are tender and I think much of that is due to the long mile day rather than the footwear. I will try to give them a chance to heal up some. I would like to keep hiking with Steiner and Bad Cheese. This will also put me in Manchester Center Sunday afternoon. I think that my pack will be a little on the heavy side as I will be carrying 3.5 days of food. I think I will have a gorge fest for supper. I really have not had much of a trail appetite still but it has been very hot the last few days which may be affecting my appetite level. It is certainly affecting my energy level by sucking it right out of me. Puck has it right when he decided to do night hiking. It is not only cooler but there are almost no bugs.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home