Thursday, February 26, 2009

A homebrewers meeting

I was invited my a fellow homebrewer to a meeting of local DC homebrewers. I had been to another event of homebrewers but not this particular group. This group is younger and seem to still be mostly in the entry phase of homebrewing which is cool. This time I opted to bring some mead as I still have a large amount slowly aging away. It is actually still in secondary as I wait for it to stop actively fermenting. I hope to bottle it soon. I did put some in a bottle and brought that with me. Not beer, but it was homemade. Everyone loved it. Many of the people who tried it had never had mead before and it was well received by everyone. This was really nice to hear. It is a little disconcerting to get so much praise from people but it is nice as well. It was really odd that I was the only female in the room. Oh well. I had a really good time and it is nice to meet fellow homebrewers in the area. I have been getting back into the homebrewing swing of things so these meetings are really nice to go to.

On a good note, my other appointment with the doctor just proved I am still normal. I did have to drink some foul stuff but all is well. I think at this point the diet change is helping but time will tell. I've only been on it for one week.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home