Sunday, February 22, 2009

Hiking attempt two

A few weeks ago I tried to set up a hike at Difficult Run. Unfortunately the weather was so nice that the parking area was packed to overflowing. So instead we went down the road to enjoy Scott's Run instead. Today I reran Difficult run and the parking situation was much better due to the cooler weather. This is a great local hike that overlooks the Potomac. Since it is so close, I can run it as a half day hike and still have the rest of the day to get other things done, or go to pool session. I have been running this hike as often as possible over the winter to help keep the group active and meet more of my members. I think it has been working well as I do have a small core group but each time I get to meet new members. My guest is still in town and enjoyed the hike. We made it all the way to Great Falls overlook and watched some kayakers playing in the waves at the bottom. I always look forward to running this hike.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home