Thursday, January 29, 2009

Out to drink beer

I was invited out to drink some homebrew at a DC Hombrewers Meeting. I didn't know there was one in the area but apparently they are relatively new, plus I don't follow that much stuff in the area. I think I am in a bit of a rut actually. I found a few things I liked and I haven't moved on to other things since. But I was invited along and decided to go and see what it was all about. Since I haven't brewed in a while, I grabbed some old bottles I had in the fridge and hoped they were still good. Turns out they were about 2 years old. And they were still good. I love homebrew. Ages very well in the bottle. The beer I brought with me was a large bottle of a honey wit and a bottle of jalapeno IPA beer. Seems both beers were a hit which was great. I really like the honey white beer and haven't made it in a long time mostly since it is a whole grain beer and requires a lot of work, and makes a big mess. I tend to now only make small batches of it to keep the mess and work down. But that means each bottle is precious as I only have a few. I parted with one, just so I could bring something to the event. I am glad it was well received.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home