Wednesday, February 18, 2009

I'm normal, w00t!

At least that is what the doctor's are saying. Guess that is a good thing, but it doesn't explain what is wrong with me. They do want me to go back for another procedure to verify but I suspect it will not show much more. But since I am clean as a whistle it is time to switch over to the new diet plan. I have opted to go onto a raw foods diet for a while as I have heard good things about it. I am hoping that by restricting my diet to unprocessed foods that whatever was wrong will heal or work itself out and I can slowly start reintroducing stuff once again. I am going to try to be faithful to the new diet and follow it as closely as possible for a least a few months then start phasing things back in. I hope it isn't too hard as this is a basically vegan diet plan ( I guess I can technically eat non-rich based sushi and steak tartar). I have, over the last two months been eating a few of the recipes to test drive them and now have a few dishes I can prepare that I know taste good. I have already been making some really god and wholesome granola bars which I have been eating for breakfast and as power bars while hiking. I really love these bars but find they still need a bit of work. Sometimes they hold together fine and other times they are loose. I definitely have to keep them cold so they stay together. I will have to work on them a bit more and hopefully I can post a final recipe. These really do make great trail bars when they hold together. They have lots of nuts, seeds, oats and crasins in them. Like trail mix in a bar form and all raw.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home