Sunday, February 08, 2009

Failed hiking plans

The weather was absolutely gorgeous the last few days, meaning snow is in the forecast soon. But back to the nice weather. I planned a group hiking event to Difficult Run in Virginia. This is one of my favourite local hikes and I love going back there whenever I can. As this was the first nice day of the year, apparently everyone else decided they too were going to go hiking. And that meant the parking area was really full. So instead we went back down the road to Scott's Run where there was more parking and did that hike instead. It is a nice hike but not nearly as nice as the originally planned hike. The weather was perfect but the trails were quite muddy. A few people slipped in the mud. Good thing I had the poles with me or I would have taken a spill or three. After hiking along the river section the bottom o my shoes were coated in a thick layer of mud. Good thing there was a small stream we cross over so we could wash the mud off our shoes. Overall though it was a great day and a great hike. I love running hiking events, I just wish I could get paid enough to do this as a full time job.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home