Monday, February 02, 2009

White water pool sessions

I bought a package deal that allows me to go to a pool to practice white water skills in a controlled environment. The pool is a great way to hone skills and learn new ones. It is also a great way to stay in shape over the winter if you don't have the right gear for winter paddling. I don't have the right gear yet, so this is my venue for getting out on the water. I have been trying to stay in shape but it is hard to get a full body workout while hiking and the yoga ball just doesn't quite compare. So needless to say, I was very sore today after my Saturday pool session. I also unfortunately decided to try a new trick. I didn't quite get it to work out but stubborn me, I kept trying. As I am stronger on my right side I tend to practice things on that side first. So needless to say, my right side is extremely sore and I had trouble rolling out of bed this morning. I also discovered that wwkayaking is a full body workout as my butt and legs are also quite sore. At least I got some exercise. Hopefully I will be ready to go on the water in the spring as I really wanted to do lots of white water kayaking this year. Not sure how much flat water I will be doing as I really love the white water side of things a lot.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home