Thursday, January 17, 2008

Its snowing!

I think this is the first real snowfall this season. We had a light dusting twice before but nothing that really stuck around. It has been snowing since about 10:00 this morning and hasn't really let up. Everything outside is slowly being covered up with a white layer.

I have a quick backpacking trip planned for this Friday and we are expecting more snow on Saturday. Could be interesting. This will be an easy winter camping trip to try to hammer down gear and also make sure the tent I am testing gets tested. I will unfortunately be carrying a really heavy winter bag until the 20F bag (my next test item) arrives. While it is a really good bag, a Sierra Designs Woman-specific bag rated to 0F, it is about 4.5lb. I only really use it as a winter quilt in really cold weather inside the apartment. Now that my apartment has heat included and they keep the place as warm as a sauna, I have not needed it. I can't turn off all the radiators, there is one that will not close, so I can only regulate the heat by strategic window opening.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Sam said...

Winter backpacking is great. Just got back from a 3 day adventure into the mountains of Western Pennsylvania on the coldest nights of the winter. Your right, snow and ice make for a great time for testing gear.

Hope you had a good time if you got to go.

5:55 AM  
Blogger Sam said...

I mean... you're...

I hate it when I do that.

5:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home